Here at EZ Living, we want to make sure that when you purchase a new sofa, that it can be easily delivered inside your home. To prepare for this, you will need to take some specific measurements to ensure that the sofa fits through any entryways in your home.
Will My Sofa fit Through the Door?
Before buying a sofa, it is very important to make sure that your new piece will fit through all entryways, passages or stairwells.
Figuring out the height and width of the doorway will help you in knowing if the sofa will fit through.
- First, measure the height and width of the door.
- Make sure the path around the door is clear and free from any obstructions.
- Take note of any fixtures and fittings, such as lighting, radiators, etc that could possibly obstruct an entryway.
- Measure the diagonal depth of the sofa. This will help you to see if it will fit through at an angle.
- To help get your sofa through the doorway, it may be possible for you to turn the sofa on its side and twist the sofa, seat first, to angle it in through the door.
- Measure the length between the door and the interior wall to make sure there is enough room to manoeuvre the sofa into the desired room. This may require standing the sofa on its side.
- Measure the height, width and depth of the stairs to allow for turning.
- Take note of any turns on the stairwell.
Where To Place the Sofa?
To make sure your new sofa fits in your room, we suggest getting out some masking tape to mark out the amount of space it will need or use sheets of newspaper as a guide.
Once this is done, be sure to check that you will have enough space to move around the sofa, to open doors and surrounding drawers, when it is put in place.
Make sure to measure the height of the area where the sofa will be, to make sure it can be moved into place easily.
How to Measure a Sofa?
Fortunately, you can find all the measurements of our sofas online with our handy dimensions images! Alternatively, you can call in store to find out the measurements from our friendly sales staff. These measurements are provided in centimetres in the form of height, width and depth as the couch are fully assembled. Below we provide information on what exactly these measurements are, and some added measurements you may want to take.
Width = the longest point from left to right.
Height = the highest point from the back of the sofa to the floor.
Depth = the measurement of the sofa from its front to the back.
Diagonal Depth = the measurement from the top right armrest to the bottom left corner of the sofa.
Diagonal Height = the measurement from the front corner armrest to the opposite back corner.
Bear in mind that some of our sofas have removable legs and sofa cushions to ease delivery to smaller spaces.
So there you have it, follow these handy tips and your next home delivery will be a breeze! Of course, if you have any questions regarding our home delivery service or any other queries related to your delivery, our customer service team are happy to help! You can contact them by email or give us a call here.